Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Busy but blessed!

This isn't exactly a normal devo, but rather more of an update...

I realize it's been a while since I posted anything on here, but I have an excuse! I was busy with life -- I was privileged with the opportunity to attend one of my best friends weddings! It was beautiful...SHE was beautiful...and the ceremony had me in tears. It was a wonderful day and I'm super happy for both Chris and Cheryl. I'm excited to see the things God has in store for them and how He's going to use them to further His kingdom!


Genesis 2:23-24
The man said,"This is now bone of my bones,
And flesh of my flesh;
She shall be called Woman,
Because she was taken out of Man,"
For this reason a man shall leave his father and his mother,
and be joined to his wife; and they shall become one flesh.

A quick update about the weekend:

The trip was interesting, seeing as how we started only 28 miles from home with a broken down car. We managed to drag that out into a 2hr + ordeal, then finally got our 8hr drive started around 8pm which put us at our destination around 5am! Once there we were taken to our cabin and then tried to get settled in for a few hrs. sleep...only to realize that a hoard of stink bugs had infested the place. (Thanks PA!) We spent over an hr battling these little boogers, and finally attempted to sleep. There's plenty more to this story, but this is the simple recap. The rest of the day was spent grabbing lunch, helping at the church and wandering around lost for awhile.
The next day was filled with wedding craziness, fixing hair, buttoning dresses, trying to figure out seating arrangements, etc. Then once we'd said our goodbyes to the bride and groom and were done with everything at the church, we went to crash at Alinda's house. Several of us fell asleep even. We watched an interesting movie and then finally went back to the cabin. The bugs were awaiting our arrival, but we were prepared...this time we had raid!
Sunday we went to a Mennonite church with Leanna, had lunch at the Martin's, tried to take a nap and then began the long journey home. It was a wonderful weekend, filled with so many laughs my sides still ache, several moments of tears and shared hugs and just the general making of memories that makes life so special. I had the best companions a person could ask for! God kept us safe and gave us an amazing trip. I am so blessed!!!



On a side note, I've enjoyed the group devotions we've been doing since we got back. We've been taking turns reading the story and praying. It's so special to live where we can share so openly like that. God is good!

No comments: