Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Getting to the root of the issue...

Ezekiel 47:12 (The Message)

12 "But the river itself, on both banks, will grow fruit trees of all kinds. Their leaves won't wither, the fruit won't fail. Every month they'll bear fresh fruit because the river from the Sanctuary flows to them. Their fruit will be for food and their leaves for healing."

I've been reading a book that deals with an issue I deal with specifically. This verse was referenced and I loved the application the author went into. I'm not going to type it up word for word, but basically she says that we can't change the soil (or environment) we grew up in, nor can we ourselves change the root issues, but if we allow Jesus to work on the roots, the entire plant can be changed. In other words the fruit can be changed, which is exactly what God wants to do in each of our lives. He wants us to give Him full reign and control to change (dig at, prune, etc) whatever He wants. Once this is done the fruit will be "for food and their leaves for healing". Think about the powerful tools God will have in our lives for others that have dealt with the same issues we have. Think of the healing your fruit can bring to another...how exciting to be at a place we can be used! How much better to help another, than to dwell in our own bad experience and never allow Christ to work on those roots?


God, my prayer to You is that You'll work deep into that soil and get right into the heart of my "roots". I want to be the kind of fruit that can feed and heal others. Give me strength for whatever changes are necessary. Thank You for being there through all of the pruning I need so desperately. I love you, Lord. Use my life for Your glory. Amen.

No comments: