Friday, June 10, 2011

Weary and heavy laden...

Matthew 11:28 (MKJV)
"Come to Me all [you] who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest."

Rest. Wow. Man I sure could use some of that! Currently our apt stays about 10° warmer than whatever it is outside...sometimes it may be more. Do you know how hard it is to sleep in the heat? You just lie there, sweating...it's super exciting.
This, however, isn't exactly what God's talking about. Sure we need to rest our bodies, but God's talking about something bigger than that, a deeper rest...a rest for our souls.

I don't know about you but some days I just feel so tired from all the ups and downs emotionally, the stress and worry of life, the toll that everyday concerns take on us, that I just find myself weary. 100% worn out. It's those days that I realize just how finite I am...how vunerable I am to Satan's attacks...how weak and feeble my defenses are.

BUT...this verse serves as a reminder to me specifically. It reminds me that the reason I'm feeling so weary and weak isn't because of all that I have going on in my life...it's because I've been neglecting to rest in Him. I haven't turned those emotions, stresses, worries and everyday concerns over to God...I've been trying to carry them on my own again. Boy can I be stupid! God is so much stronger, smarter, just all around better than I am and yet I seem to think I can do a better job with all those things. You'd think eventually I'd catch on!

So here's my challenge to you (and myself)...leave it in God's hands and find your rest in Him!

Blessings!
-Tiff

-- Sent from my Palm Pixi

No comments: