Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Seeing God through the eyes of a child..

I realize I started this blog sort of as a way to hold me accountable for my daily devotions but, as obvious from my lack of posts, I haven't been very successful on that front. Not that I haven't been doing much better in my devotions as of late, but posting on here daily is nigh impossible. For starters I haven't had internet at home in several weeks, not to mention my new job that's keeping me hopping (I'm an Easter bunny in training).

My new job is teaching me all kinds of great and challenging new things, but I feel like I'm growing so much from every experience. I am learning to be more disciplined and actually learn to schedule things out. (I have a planner and everything...wow.) I am also finding that in preparation for each Bible lesson I almost think I'm learning more than the kids! I'm learning to study with new eyes and to seek out the simplest message of each verse. It's been amazing to find that in trying to figure out how to teach the concept to the children I, myself, am learning more about God and just exactly who He is and what He requires of us.

I have already lost my heart to several of the kids down here, and my sister accused me of always loving the worst the best. She was visiting as a guest speaker one afternoon and held a health/safety class. I can't help but think that she's probably right...somehow it's always the troublemakers that worm their way into my heart. I just feel blessed to have the opportunity to share my faith and Christ's love with these kids. Please pray for me as I continue to work in Over-the-Rhine and impact the Kingdom!

2 comments:

Alanna said...

So exciting Tiff! I love how teaching children requires you to understand and communicate things more simply - and suddenly things just make more sense. I started my first day in first grade today. :) Blessings on your new endeavor!

Unknown said...

This is awesome :)